The International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
The Department of State is responsible for the export and temporary import of defense articles and services governed by 22 U.S.C. 2778 of the Arms Export Control Act ("AECA"; see the AECA Web page) and Executive Order 13637.Jan 11, 2017.
Export of night vision equipment, thermal optics and optical sighting equipment and technical data therefore (including user manuals) is controlled by the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, in accordance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Title 22, and Code of Federal Regulations Part 120-130 and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security in accordance with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Title 15, Code of Federal Regulations Part 730. Some of this equipment may require a license for export or re-export from the United States.
By completing your order, you agree to the following:
- I understand that the products obtained from Night Vision Outfitters, LLC. are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the U.S. Government and that they fall under the jurisdiction of either the Department of State or the Department of Commerce.
- I understand that it is unlawful to export, or attempt to export or otherwise transfer or sell any hardware or technical data or furnish any service to any foreign person, whether abroad or in the United States (U.S.), for which a license or written approval of the U.S. Government is required, without first obtaining the required license or written approval from the department of the U.S. Government having jurisdiction.
- I understand that, in the ITAR (§ 120.16), a foreign person means any natural person who is not a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C.1101(a)(20) or who is not a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). It also means any foreign corporation, business association, partnership, trust, society or any other entity or group that is not incorporated or organized to do business in the U.S., as well as international organizations, foreign governments and any agency or subdivision of foreign governments (e.g., diplomatic missions).
- I understand that I am responsible for compliance with any and all U.S. Government export controls and regulations and that, if I violate them, it could result in severe criminal and civil penalties (including substantial fines, imprisonment, seizure of controlled products and technical data, and/or suspension/removal of export privileges).
- I understand that ANY diversion contrary to United States law is prohibited; it is the responsibility of the purchaser, and of any entity with which I am affiliated to comply with all applicable international, national, state, regional and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to any applicable import and use restrictions; that commodities or data may not be exported or re-exported or otherwise transferred to entities and persons that are ineligible under U.S. law to receive such product, technology, and/or software.
- I represent that neither I, any entity with which I am affiliated, nor any person involved in or benefiting from the export or re-export of products sold by Night Vision Outfitters, LLC are named on the Lists of Prohibited Individuals, Entities and Countries. I further understand that exports, re-exports, or transfers of any products to, or for the benefit of, individuals, entities and countries named in the lists referenced in the Lists of Prohibited Individuals, Entities and Countries are strictly prohibited.
If you have any questions on this, please send us a message or visit the link below for the full language of these regulations from the U.S. Department of State.
U.S. State Department International Traffic in Arms Regulations
Thank you for your time in carefully reading these regulations and for your compliance.
The Night Vision Outfitters Staff