Bobro Engineering Bering Hogster QD Mount
The Bobro Engineering Precision Optic Mount is precision CNC machined from a block of 6061 T6 aluminum and finished in hard coat type 3 mil-spec anodized black for a rock hard lasting finish.
It is designed to work with most weapon styles. This includes, but are not limited to, AR-style, bolt actions, Mini-14, M14/M1A and AK variants. It provides 100% repeatable and tool-less quick detachment, precise return to zero, and improved eye relief adjustment.
The Bobro mount system automatically adjusts to the correct tension for your rail surface. There are no nuts or bolts to adjust, unlike other mount designs. It's all automatic. It also has safety locks on each lever to ensure the mount isn't accidentally disengaged. It can be moved from one weapon to another without any adjustments. This is particularly valuable in thermal weapon sights that are used on multiple weapons.
- Bering Optics Hogster Series
- Repeatable return to zero
- 6061 T6 Aluminum Construction
- Type 3 Hard coat black anodizing
- Single Lever Design
- Safety lock to prevent accidental removal
- Adjustable eye relief
- Automatically adjusts for rail variations
- 1.6" height from rail to thermal optic centerline
- Made in the USA!
Model Number: B08-HOG-002
Bobro Lever System Design Features
The Bobro Precision Optic Mount features the Patented [US Patent 8,567,105] BLAC™ lever system which was designed around the following parameters:
- Must be compatible with any 1913 Specification Rail, to include systems that are out of specification (within reason) and this includes Weaver rails.
- Must be completely tool and user adjustable free. It needs to be 100% self contained and mate securely to any rail without the user having to tailor the pressure/engagement position.
- Must lock with enough pressure to positively attach any device or optical instrument to a rail without movement, static or dynamic forces not withstanding.
- The rail must not experience any deformation due to user error. This must include synthetic (plastic/polymer/composite) rail systems.
- Auto Index capability. The device must also index parallel to the bore. The unit must always repeat the forward shift (recoil forces direction of influence) not only to maximize zero repeatability, but to take this step of installation out of the users initial mounting sequence. Index must be redundant.
- Unit must not shoot loose due to improper mounting or a mechanical bottoming out.
- The system must incorporate a safety that prevents the lever from being accidentally opened. The safety must be able to be manipulated in conjunction with the lever rotation, so that only one hand is required to open it.
- The unit will utilize constant force to ensure required pressure in all conditions. The force must be substantial to prevent any shift forward/aft left/right.
- The pressure must be applied in a linear direction centered in the main body to prevent cocking of the mount.
- It must be easy to manipulate by gloved or fatigued hands.
- It must be extremely robust, and withstand shock and impact to the system housing.
- There were others, but by listing them we would compromise our trade secrets.